CARDINAL POINT VINEYARD & WINERY
9423 BATESVILLE ROAD
AFTON, VIRGINIA 22920
540.456.8400 tel |
Everyday | 11 am to 5:30 pm
Please see below
Cardinal Point PHASE THREE Opening Information
regarding on-premise consumption:
- We are open daily from 11 am to 5:30 pm for both curbside pickup and for our customers to enjoy our wines on our property. (Note that we are still offering free shipping and free delivery in the Charlottesville, Crozet, and Wayneboro area.)
- Please read and follow all posted signs when on the property. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave at any time if they are not following any of these directions, the direction of the staff, or are acting in an unsafe manner.
- We are now taking reservations for seating on our covered deck and patio. We highly recommend making a reservation if you want to enjoy seating protected from the elements. See our paragraph regarding RESERVATIONS below.
- We ask that you not bring guests under the age of 21. If you do bring younger guests, they must wear masks and observe social distancing. They cannot be allowed to roam beyond your table or seating area. If making a reservation, children must be included in your party number.
- We ask that you leave your pets at home. If you do bring your pets, they must be on a leash.
- We are insisting that every person on our property WEAR A MASK that covers your nose and mouth unless seated in your designated area with your party. That means you should be wearing your mask when you approach the tasting room area for bottle and/or table service.
- Our staff has received additional training including cleaning and distancing protocol to be sure that they can provide a safe atmosphere for our customers. Please afford them the courtesy of letting them disinfect areas used by other customers before being seated or using the restroom.
- The tasting room is closed; however, there is an outside purchase area designated for your purchases and staff to help with payments at your table.
- Patrons will be allowed inside the building to use our facilities. Masks must be worn at all times inside the building.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic or snacks to enjoy with your group, but we are asking folks to please clean up after themselves. We will have trash cans available. As per our ABC regulations, no outside alcoholic drinks are allowed on our property.
- We are now offering tasting flights and bottle sales.
- If you are in an uncovered area and it begins to rain, please shelter in your car as we cannot safely follow social distancing procedures while accommodating additional groups in our covered area.
- If you are not feeling well or have had any recent exposure to a person not feeling well, please stay home.
- Last call is at 5:15; we close at 5:30. Customers are permitted by law to carry open wine bottles off our premises if the bottle is securely corked.
Please call (540)456-8400 to make your reservations, and for more information. Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis, and will be held for 20 minutes after your reservation time. If no one from your party is there to take your table(s), your seating will be given to the other customers.
- Lawn seating will be on a first come, first served basis. All patrons on the lawn are expected to observe social distancing. Groups over 10 people are strictly prohibited.
- We cannot accommodate groups larger than 10 people on the deck or patio.
- Groups of between 1-6 people: we suggest that you make a reservation for your group to assure a table on our deck or patio. Children must be counted in your group total. Seatings times available to this group size are from 11:00 until 4:30 every day.
- GROUPS FROM 7 TO 10 PEOPLE MUST HAVE A RESERVATION, AND THAT RESERVATION MUST BE FOR A SEATING NO LATER THAN 1 PM. Children are included in the number of the group.
- We accept walk-ins on a first come, first served basis.
SHIPPING, PICK-UPS, and DELIVERIES
- We are offering free shipping. You can place your orders on our website.
- You may also order wine online and opt to pick it up at the winery. Be sure to select "Pickup at Winery" in the drop down menu on the Shop page. Appointments for pickups need to be set at least one day before the visit by email to email@example.com. Please specify the time and date, and give a cell phone number.
- We will do local deliveries (Charlottesville, Crozet, and Waynesboro area) for purchases of 3 bottles or more. Remember to choose "Hand Delivery" in the drop down menu on the shop page. A staff person will contact you regarding delivery times.
Charlottesville: I-64 west, exit 107. Left on Rt. 250 west for 4.7 miles.
Left onto Rt. 151 south for 2.4 miles. Left onto Rt. 638 (Avon Road) for
.9 miles. Left onto Rt. 636 (Batesville Road) for .7 miles. Cardinal Point
Winery is on your right.
From Staunton: I-64 East, exit 99. Right onto Rt. 250 east. At bottom
of mountain turn right onto Rt. 151 south for 2.4 miles. Left onto Rt.
638 (Avon Road) for .9 miles. Left onto Rt. 636 (Batesville Road) for .7
miles. Cardinal Point Winery is on your right.
From Lynchburg: Take 29 North towards Lovingston. After passing the town
of Lovingston, turn left onto VA Rt 6 (Pike Road). Turn right onto Rt.
151/6 and follow for approximately 10 miles. Turn right on Rt. 638 (Avon
Road). Make turn onto Batesville Rd. Cardinal Point Winery is .5 miles
Cardinal Point is conveniently located within minutes of several other
Virginia wineries, among them Afton Mountain, Flying Fox, Hill Top Berry
Farm, King Family, and Veritas.
More reasons to visit